Dordogne - beautiful castle of the XIV, XVI and XVIth century on, Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine
In Dordogne in the heart of the Périgord vert, this castle, originally fortified from the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries, has some very beautiful remains, notably the entrance decorated with a Louis XIII portal formerly built around a drawbridge. The main facade to the southwest consists of a dwelling framed by two massive rectangular towers, crowned by machicolations and a walkway. Very beautiful parquet floors, monumental fireplace and woodwork are all on the same level as the building.On a human scale, in very good general condition, it is currently developing 400 m² of living space and has 150 m² more that can be converted.On a wooded park of 1ha22 parents, children and grandchildren can only be seduced by the tranquility and authenticity of the place. Children and grandchildren will be all the more attracted when they learn that during the Hundred Years' War, Bertrand Du Guesclin took over the castle from the English in 1372. Not being resentful, the owners gladly accept English customers.