A charming colombage cottage on a quiet country lane with everything you need for a comfortable life in the french countryside. Walking distance to the nearest village for the excellent restaurant and groceries and friendly neighbours. St Georges de Rou, Manche, Normandy
Oh my goodness, this property is so beautifully restored and and maintained its an absolute pleasure to see.
Quite charming, with many original features retained and dating from 1869.
The large lounge with wood burning stove adjoins a well equipped kitchen and both are impeccable.
A further room leading from the kitchen is a very large wine cellar and workshop/ utility room. The first floor bedrooms and bathrooms are well appointed, spacious, light and with quality double glazing. Ensuite bathrooms for each bedroom allows this to be a chambre d'hote/guest house possibility for a little revenue.
The location is not isolated but affords privacy and good contact with neighbours which ever you choose. A well laid gravelled courtyard leads form the kitchen for al fresco dining / BBQs or just a glass of wine in the evening sun. Plus there is a good size car parking space there, a wood shelter and a stream running by. The local village has its own supermarket, chemist, tabac, bakery and very good restaurant.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France