Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens directly to the kitchen (21m2) with tiled floor and a range of fitted kitchen units. There is plenty of space for a good-size kitchen table.
To the right of the kitchen a doorway leads through to the living room (28m2) with terracotta tiling to the floor and a large traditional limestone Charentaise fireplace with wood-burning stove.
To the far side of the living room a door opens to a room (21m2 - currently used as a bedroom) with tiled floor and exposed beam ceiling.
Another door from the kitchen opens to a generous utility room (12m2) which also offers a shower and a WC. From here there is a door to a pretty terrace overlooking the swimming pool.
A flight of stairs rises from the living room to the first floor landing. Immediately to the left a door opens to a suite of two bedrooms (14m2 and 17m2), both with wooden flooring.
Next there is a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) - this room also has a large stone fireplace.
To the far end of the landing a door open to a large dual-aspect bedroom (22m2) with wooden flooring.
Attached to the house is a large stone barn (about 90m2) to one end of which is a workshop. It is possible to access this barn from the ground floor bedroom - there could therefore be potential to extend the habitable accommodation.
In addition to the barn, there are a number of other smaller stone outbuildings which offer useful storage.
The house sits in a walled plot of 1350m2 and is accessed from a small village lane via an impressive stone gateway. Whilst in a central village location, it is very private. The grounds have been beautifully landscaped with a number or "rooms" - each with a different composition.
To the front of the the house there is an area of gravel next to which is a lawn. From here a path leads to another enclosed garden with a waterlily pond. To the back of the house there is a large swimming pool (6m x 12m) with an additional shallower section (3m x 4m). Next to the pool is a covered dining area - perfect for relaxing of outdoor entertaining.
This is a very pretty property in a lovely location - just a short drive from two market towns (Jarnac and Rouillac). Ideal as a permanent residence it could equally make a wonderful holiday home.
DPE ANCIENNE VERSION
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France