Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
A glazed entrance porch gives access to the dining room (21m2) with exposed beams, tiled floor and stone fireplace. To the right of the dining room an archway opens to the kitchen (21m2) with beamed ceiling, tiled floors and a range of fitted kitchen units. Just off the kitchen there is a large utility room with WC and plumbing for a washing machine.
To the left of the dining room is the sitting room (31m2) with solid wood floors, beamed ceiling, fireplace and a glazed door leading out to the courtyard garden.
To the left of the sitting room a door leads to a large study / office (17.5m2), which could be equally well suited to being a ground floor bedroom if required. Off this room is the boiler room.
A wooden staircase rises from the dining hall to the first floor landing off which there are three bedrooms and two bathrooms. To the right of the landing, the master bedroom suite has attractive painted wooden floorboards and exposed beams and comprises a bedroom (16m2), a dressing room (14m2) and a very large shower room with WC (20m2).
To the left of landing are the other two bedrooms (13m2 and 13m2) as well as a spacious shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
The cottage has been created in a former outbuilding. It comprises a large open plan living room with corner-kitchen (49m2), off which there are two bedrooms (19m2 and 10m2), a shower room and a separate WC.
To the front of the cottage there is a small, walled terrace.
There remains a great deal of outbuilding that has not yet been developed, including a former two storey cottage, a garage, and various smaller 'rooms'. In total, the outbuildings cover about 200m2.
The house, barn and space between have been used to create an attractive low maintenance courtyard garden, lending itself well to being a second or holiday home. To one corner of the courtyard garden is an above-ground pool.
Just across the lane is another garden (650m2) - ideal as a vegetable garden and fruit orchard.
This is charming property in an attractive rural location - ideal a both a permanent residence and as a holiday home (with both options offering income potential).
The closest amenities to the property are a short cycle ride away (2.5km) whilst the market town of Rouillac is just a little further.
DPE ANCIENNE VERSION
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France