Authentic 13th to 19th century Castle, Saône-et-Loire, Burgundy and Franche-Comté
Fairy tale castle, in good condition, with a guest house and a large former hunting lodge used as a reception room of 300 m; on 14.6 hectares. Situated in a quiet hamlet in southern Burgundy with most magnificent views.
The castle originating from the 13th century, was renovated in the late 19th century, and more recently improved by the present owners. The two main living floors with over 300m2 per floor offer 4 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms (including 2 suites), 5 shower / bathrooms and 7 WCs, with large cellars below and a further floor to develop in the loft.
The independent guest house has 2 bedrooms, bathroom and shower room
The original hunting lodge is now used as an art gallery or large reception room
Stable buildings house 4 horse boxes, garages and open barns
A bread oven building can be renovated
14 hectares of wooded grounds, of which 12 hectares are attached and 2 hectares are detached.
The property is in good general condition maintaining its original details. The neighbouring 10th century church gives the area a high architectural protection status, whilst the present castle owner has kept the castle ‘non-listed’, allowing larger development freedom and privacy.
The castle is located about 20 kms north of Cluny, at the crossroads of the Chalonais and Mâconnais vineyards, dominating its hamlet and maintaining privacy in the walled castle grounds without being isolated. Great views over the distant hills are seen from the property, reposing in its calm and privileged situation.
Many local shops and facilities are found at a few minutes’ drive in the medieval market town of St Gengoux le National. Chalon sur Saone is 30 kms away for any larger amenities.
The TGV station of Le Creusot/Montchanin is only 25 kms away; from here London is a 5 hour train ride, Paris 1h20 and Lyon 40 minutes.
Please ask for further details and plans.
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France