Private estate less than 1 hour from Paris, Loir-et-Cher, Centre-Val de Loire
Located in a very quiet, natural/forested corner of Vendome, this luxury period home has been lovingly improved with quality and taste by the current owners since 1990. Today it provides a comfortable family accommodation and guest lodge within a 4 hectare private park with swimming pool and all just 4mins from Vendome TGV station and centre ville. Thus putting Paris at less than a 1 hour commute.
The main house has plenty of natural light providing great views over the park. The main living room is large and double aspect with an area centered around the feature wood burner stove, another for the piano and several for TV and relaxation as well as a useful mezzanine above. The kitchen is well equipped with an open plan design linking to the breakfast area and extends into a purpose built conservatory to the rear with again plenty of natural light. It has a large island working area and direct access to a rear terrace and utility areas. Linking the kitchen to the main lounge is the formal dining hall with original fireplace and double aspect. Across the entrance hall we discover a second lounge/study with original fireplace and views over the entrance drive. Stairs from the hall lead up to the first floor with the master bedroom complete with new en-suite bathroom and dressing areas. There are two further bedrooms on this floor (one currently used as an office) and a family bathroom with bath and shower. Continuing up the stairs the converted attic area today provides another 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a separate shower room with wc.
THE GUEST HOUSE Linked internally via the utility areas we access the guest lodge with a good sized living area with fireplace and wood stove, shower room and wc and kitchenette with mezzanine bedroom above. The guest lodge also has external access direct to the pool area.
OUTSIDE There's a heated swimming pool of 12m x 5m and surrounding sun terrace, al-fresco area, plentiful parking (open and covered), large sweeping lawns bordered by a stream (there are several natural water sources on the property), woodland and entrance drive with electric gate.
An ideal family residence for professionals that wish/need to commute to Paris/London and beyond whilst offering relaxed countryside living in this secluded retreat.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France