Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to the entrance hall (9m2) with tiled floor and exposed beam ceiling. To the right of the hall, an opening, flanked by two attractive brick pillars, leads to the dining room (13m2) with tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling and a part-glazed door that opens to a walled garden. From the dining room an archway leads to the kitchen (14m2) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls and a part-glazed door to the garden to the front of the house.
Off the dining room is a spacious utility room (10m2).
To the left of the entrance hall is the large triple-aspect living room (52m2) with tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling and, glazed doors to the pool area and large picture windows that make the most of the fine views.
Opposite the front door a short corridor provides access to a ground floor double bedroom (10m2) and a separate WC.
A wooden staircase rises to the generous first floor landing (16m2), part of which overlooks the living room (mezzanine-style). Off the landing are three double bedrooms (21m2, 14m2 and 14m2) as well as an office (6m2), a family bathroom (bath, shower and washbasin) and a separate WC.
To one side of the walled garden, a former outbuilding has been converted to create a relaxing music room / study (18m2) with a pretty fireplace and lovely views. Next to this are a number of small storage outbuildings. Finally, there is a large brick outbuilding (about 110m2) which offers great potential for further development (subject to relevant permissions).
The property sits on a level plot of 7089m2. The garden wraps around the house - with parking area to the front, swimming pool and lawn to on side and walled garden to the other. The rest of the land lies to the rear of the house and is mainly laid to lawn.
This is an attractive house in a sought-after location, just 2km from a village with shops and 8km from the heart of the historic town of Cognac. With no immediate neighbour, the property is in a private position and enjoys some lovely views. The potential for development of the barn adds an additional benefit.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France