17th century cottage with outbuildings. Magnificent views, Orne, Normandy
Magnificent location, stunning views of the countryside and unspoiled rural area. This beautiful 17th century cottage has so much to offer and is perfectly situated for enjoying the very southern tip of Orne, Mayenne and southern Manche regions of France The property is detached and has no overlooking neighbours. The cottage has further outbuildings attached to one side , some of which are also accessible from the cottage, enabling them to be incorporated within the living space should you wish to enlarge this further. All of these areas have large attic spaces above. In addition to these buildings there are several other outbuildings, all of which are in a good general state and having many possible uses. The land area has good grazing, a vegetable plot and garden as well as a large courtyard area to the front and rear of the property. Features within the cottage include a stunning stone fireplace within the kitchen/diner and having intact the carvings of the King's and Queen's head to the side of the fireplace. Within the lounge is also an original fireplace which also is open and can be used. There are exposed beams throughout the property and some rooms have exposed stone work walls. At present the living area comprises - Kitchen/diner with open fireplace and fitted kitchen units and the main entrance door. WC, Bathroom. Sitting room with open fireplace and a french door to the front of the property. Also on the ground floor level is the old rear kitchen/laundry room, a boiler room housing the central heating system and the oil tank, and a ground floor storage cellar . On the first floor are three double bedrooms and a smaller room, previously a single bedroom. All have original flooring and one a fireplace. In addition to these rooms there is a WC with washbasin, and two attic rooms which could again be converted to living areas. The property does require updating throughout and has the advantage of some double glazing, Central heating in good working order, Electricity, Mains and well water. The sewage system will require some updating .
The large two storey stone barn adjoing the property also has electrical and water connections. The other outbuildings include an old cider press, garages, workshops and barns.
This property is a wonderful piece of French history and is adorable. A real 'chocolate box ' cottage. !
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France