A rare opportunity to own a wine domaine and huge stone character house beside the Canal du Midi. Puicheric, Aude, Occitanie
The house on the property has been entirely renovated and consists of 9 bedrooms, 4 large en-suite rooms at ground floor level with 2 en-suite rooms upstairs and a further 3 rooms with a master bathroom and separate toilet.
Outside, the property benefits from a covered fully fitted summer kitchen, near a BBQ area and toilet facilities, all located besides a north facing summer terrace / dining area. There are outside storage buildings, currently used to store bicycles, garden equipment and motorbikes. At the front, adjacent to the main kitchen there is a large south facing deck area for relaxing and dining. There is plenty of parking around the house. The house is surrounded by approx 500 m2 of landscaped and self-watering gardens which offer a very large salt water swimming pool of 20x5m which can be illuminated at night, a pool house with WC and shower facilities, and large terrace with BBQ , wifi and sonos speakers. Mature trees offer shaded areas, there is also a petanque court. There is a gate giving direct access (3m) to the Canal du Midi. The house is situated approximately 1 km from the village which has 2 restaurants, butcher, baker, superette, tabac, pharmacy, doctor, dentist, post office, beautician, hairdressers, 2 wine cooperatives and 2 private wine producers, a company offering river canoeing, white water rafting and cannyoning. Larger shops and more restaurants are just 5 and 10 min away by car. Carcassonne Airport is at 25 min distance, with Beziers at 45 min, while Montpelier, Toulouse and Perpignan are just over an hour's drive, Narbonne offers rail links with Barcelona ( 2 hrs) and with London and Brussels (via Paris 5 hrs). Beaches are approx 45 min away. There are lakes within 15 and 20 min drive offering water sports facilities.A rare opportunity to acquire a unique estate adjacent to the Canal du Midi, large swimming pool, ample mooring for boats and plenty of potential for further development on a remaining 3 ha.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France