Elegant french chateau for sale at the gates of Touraine., Sarthe, Pays de la Loire
Ref.2993 : French castle for sale in Loire Valley.
Situated in the South of the Sarthe department, between the cities of Le Mans and Tours, less than 149 miles South West from Paris, this elegant chateau is located in the countryside, close to a town with shops and services.
The property has been probably built back on the 15th century over the foundations of an older property, the current chateau dates back from the 17th century and has been redesigned on the 18th and 19th century.
Built in the middle of its park, slightly high up and facing south, it comprises some 12 main rooms. The ground floor comprises a vestibule, 2 sitting rooms, a library, dining room, large kitchen, back kitchen, laundry, toilets, and hallway. On the first floor: 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and toilet. Above: staff rooms and attic space.
Most of the rooms have kept beautiful architectural features and have been restored: parquet floors, woodworks, fireplaces, ceilings ...
The lay out is pleasant, well balanced and practical.
All in about 250sqm of living space per level.
The former farmyard is situated South East of the chateau and comprises:
A building on rubble stones and tufa, covered with slates and sheet, composed by an old dwelling of 2 rooms, bake house, garage, old tackle room and stables. A barn of about 120sqm A nice hangar built on stone and brick composed of 5 open garages (in bad condition). Some small buildings used as sheds.
At the West side of the chateau, a small house recently restored, of about 55sqm composed by a sitting room/kitchen, 2 bedrooms, shower room, toilet. Attic space above. Sewerage system dates back from 2009/2010. Former dovecote. Nice orangery with on the basement: cellar, press house and a large vaulted cellar carved on the hillside, in the rock. 2 other cellars, carved in the same way, further away in the park, must have been used as stone quarry during the construction of the property.
The English style park is planted with large stands of plane trees, red beech trees, conifers, oak trees, maples trees, chestnut trees ... It is partly crossed by a large avenue that leads to the chateau. The vegetable garden is closed on 3 sides and the last one overlooks the former water channel. A small orchard comprises some apple trees and some vineyards. The precedent Owner used to produce some wine and cider (personal use only). All in about 73 acres.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France