Monastic 15th C. barn for sale in Lower-Normandy., Sarthe, Pays de la Loire
Ref.3610 : Charming french house for sale in the Sarthe department. The property is located in Lower Normandy in the "Perche Sarthois" called country, at the gates of the Perche Regional Natural Park, farmland and culture where alternating plains and forest massifs. Away from the village (1.2 km) it benefits from the main local shops and is only a few minutes from a booming medium-sized city where tourist, cultural and sports activities abound (markets , fairs, lake, bathing, canoeing, fitness trail, racecourse, sports facilities ...). "Little Venice of the West", nicknamed for its remarkable canals, is a rich employment center with all the infrastructures (hospital, doctors, schools, colleges) and perfectly distributed by a quality rail and highway network. Country atmosphere guaranteed under the discreet eye of a few passing neighbors.
The property consists of the main dwelling house and several close outbuildings.
The living area is of the order of 250 sqm to which is added a potential extension of about 150 sqm.
The main part is essentially organized on the ground floor around a living room of about 80 sqm (with a monumental fireplace, terracotta floor, beams, and old joists) incorporating a kitchen area backed by a pantry. Bedroom (26 sqm), bathroom, shower, and toilet. Old bakery with stairs giving access to an attic (130 sqm); opening into the rear of the property. Large space of 48 sqm currently used as a workshop, potentially convertible into 2 bedrooms/shower room (see suggested plan). Upstairs: 3 small extra bedrooms under crawling insulated with bathroom and toilet. Landing/nook.
The outbuildings include:
1) Cathedral barn with garages of about 30 sqm with a beaten earth floor. 2) Open woodshed adjoining 3) Small building of 13 sqm for used as a shed 4) Small independent "friend’s house" (26 sqm), entirely renovated (water/electricity/insulation), with mezzanine. Terracotta floor, lime plaster - stair miller - chimney. 5) 2 old small buildings to restore, probably old housing for animals.
The land is of a total surface approaching 7500 sqm, mainly grassed, with some trees (oak, maple, birch, walnut, plum, chestnut) ensuring freshness nearby. The East-West orientation ensures maximum sunshine of the main rooms. The property is open on the agricultural countryside and keeps all its intimacy thanks to large hedges limiting everything opposite. Of manageable maintenance, the garden authorizes any projection as the main house or secondary.
Cabinet LE NAIL - Lower Normandy - Mr Eric DOSSEUR : +33 (0)188.8.131.52.20
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France