Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The attractive front entrance opens into the mainly open plan accommodation. The large triple-aspect living - dining room (65m2) has a huge stone fireplace (with wood-burning stove), a kitchen area. Wooden floorboards, exposed beams and an unusual stone potager add to the charm and atmosphere of the room.
The office / library (22m), which also has a wood burning stove and exposed floor boards, could easily be used as an additional bedroom and has a glazed door that opens onto the raised terrace on the south-side of the house.
The master bedroom (25m2) with open fire, has a door to the office, and one to the generous shower room (15.5m2 – walk-in shower, wash-basin and WC). Another door from the shower room opens back into the entrance area.
A substantial wooden staircase rises from the entrance area to the second floor. This space has only been partially developed – providing two additional sleeping areas which are ideal for guests in the summer, as well as a sitting area and an attic. It should be possible to redevelop this attic space (about 120m2) to create at least four large double bedrooms.
The wide range of outbuildings form an L shape around the house and could easily be used for further accommodation if required (subject to relevant permissions). A ruined pigeonnier in the garden acts like a folly and adds extra character whilst the mature planting ensures privacy.
The house sits on a plot of 2933m2. To one side there is a courtyard garden, laid mostly to lawn, and to the other a raised terrace leads on to a mature woodland area (mainly formed of box trees). Next to this there is an orchard.
This property is a delight as is, and would serve well as a principal residence or as a holiday home. It has the added benefit of an easily convertible second floor. The range of barns and outbuildings offer a variety of options for further development. An adjoining plot of land (currently zoned as building land) is also available.
Located just a short distance from the market towns of Aigre and Rouillac every day needs are easily satisfied. Angoulême and its excellent transport links is 30km.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France