Splendid 14th and 17th C. chateau in Indre department, Indre, Centre-Val de Loire
Ref. 3701 Splendid chateau for sale in Indre department
This magnificent 14th and 17th C. chateau is located near the A20 motorway and a few minutes from all amenities. It benefits from a beautiful view of the countryside.
The oldest part of the chateau is the large square tower 15 meters high. It dates from the 14th C. At the beginning of the 17th C, the West building was built and in 1666, the East building.
This chateau comprises: On the ground floor: an entrance with a beautiful stone staircase, a large living room with oak parquet floor, beautiful monumental 16th century stone fireplace, panelling and walls hung with fabric, French ceiling, with access to the splendid terrace overlooking the river. Another living room or billiard room with parquet floor, large 17th-century wooden fireplace, 17th-century natural wood panelling, French ceiling, overlooking the courtyard. A dining room with oak parquet floor, painted wood fireplace, Louis XIII style woodwork, French ceiling. A kitchen, pantry, a room with parquet floor, exceptional fireplace with a painting representing Diana the huntress, French ceiling, opening onto a small balcony. Small secondary kitchen. Bathroom with wc and sink. Several staircases to access the upper floors, straight stone staircase, stone spiral staircase, wooden service staircase. On the first floor: 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms with toilets. Second floor: 7 fitted bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. Other small service rooms to renovate. In the basement with windows: former large kitchen with stone paving, several cellars, boiler room and well.
A caretaker's house with a small kitchen, a living room, a bedroom, and a shower room. A building housing a barn, woodshed, stables, and above an attic. Another building housing garages, stables with 10 stalls, saddlery. Above a 3-room apartment and attic. The two buildings have a separate entrance.
The whole totals approximately 27 acres (11 hectares) of parkland and meadows for horses. The chateau and its outbuildings benefit from a splendid view of the river. The meadow on the other side of the river is 5,93 acres (2,40ha).
Cabinet LE NAIL – Poitou-Charente – Mr. Godefroid COLLEE: +33 (0)126.96.36.199.20
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France