Historic water mill with race, mechanisms, wheel, outbuildings and land, Orne, Normandy
This is a rare opportunity to endulge in an historical era. A delightful elegant stone built water mill within a land area of 2 hectares, having its own mill race. The property has been cared for and although it does require renovating, all mechanisms are intact and in good condition. The exterior wheel is to one side of the mill within a wheelhouse. There are 5 levels to the property and these also include the original living quarters. There are picturesque views from the mill although it is not isolated, being about 3 km from the village centre and enjoying a promenant position on the landscape. There is electricity connected to the property. Mains water to the land. A new ' micro' sewage system is required if tthe property is to be used for habitation purposes. Each floor of the mill has the exposed mechanisms and other living rooms off to one side. The doors and windows are single glazed and wooden. The roof is in a very good order. Currently some of the land floods in the winter as the mill race has been left to become overgrown and wild. It is however clearly visible on all paperwork and the layout just needs to be reintroduced correctly. The property does have other outbuildings of stone construction which are useful for garages, storage or workshops.
A beautiful property with history, just needing some passion!
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France