Two adjoining Royal Palace apartments for sale in the heart of Aix-les-Bains, the riviera of the Alps., Savoie, Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes
The two adjacent garden level apartments were created in the Royal Palace ballroom divided into 2 floors and retaining the original floor to ceiling marble pillars and elegant plaster mouldings. With a large private garden terrace and the chance to renovate the pair into a spectacular 176m2 residence
Aix les Bains, the Riviera des Alpes, became the chic centre of European nobility after Queen Victoria, under the pseudonym of the Countess of Balmoral, frequented the spa town on Lac de Bourget in the 1880s to take the cure with Princess Beatrice. The "Royal" Palace, next door to the spa "thermes" was the boutique hotel of its day and home to visiting nobility during the Belle Epoque. Queen Victoria only bought some land and bizarrely a donkey, which was shipped back to London, but here is the opportunity to acquire a stylish historical home, a slice of real history and with no donkey purchase required.
A short walk to the health spa and the centre of Aix-les-Bains, the apartments are perfectly positioned in a privileged private setting with formal gardens, secure parking and gated entry.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France