Exceptional 3 room apartment in a castle in Avaray in the Loir et Cher with a magnificent park of 16 hectares., Loir-et-Cher, Centre-Val de Loire
Apartment in the Chateau d'Avaray which is surrounded by a moat, with three wings open to the south. It is one of the rare Louis XIII castles preserved in the Loire Valley. Private property near the town of Avaray small village very close to Beaugency and (45) and Town(41) The commune of Avaray is located on the banks of the Loire. It counts 722 souls. It has a castle - private property - that I was able to discover during the Heritage Days.
The origin of this castle dates back to 1150, and around 1473, Jehan de Mineray raised it from its ruins. preserving the 4 corner towers of an old medieval building from the 13th century. Later, the castle was owned by the Montgomery family of Scotland. Claude Théophile (1655-1745) had it rebuilt in 1737. Between the 4 medieval towers, buildings of XVIIIth century style are built. The history of Avaray castle is also that of the De Béziade family who lived there for 300 years.
At the end of the 1950s, the furniture, collections and souvenirs were sold and dispersed. The buildings were affected by a subdivision into about thirty apartments.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France