Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to a huge entrance hall (40m2) with original tiling to the floor. The entrance hall runs the depth of the house and all the main reception rooms can be accessed from it.
To the left of the hall double doors open to the library (23m2) with wooden floor. From here door opens to an office (11m2) with matching floor. From the office another door opens to a room, currently used as a craft room / atelier. Stairs from here lead down to the vaulted wine cellars. Another pair of doors opens from the craft room back into the entrance hall.
To the right of the hall a pair of doors open into the dining room (24m2) with wooden flooring. The dining room is semi-open plan with the sitting room; the two spaces being divided by a generous arch. The sitting room (37m2) overlooks a courtyard garden, has an impressive trompe l'oeuil ceiling and again has double doors opening back into the entrance hall. To one corner of the sitting room a door gives access to the fitted kitchen (17m2), off which is a small hall with WC and access to an as yet unconverted space above the kitchen.
An impressive wooden staircase (below which is a WC) rises from the entrance hall to the first floor landing.
Off the landing are five individually designed double bedrooms (23m2, 21m2, 20m2, 19m2 and 12m2) as well as large bathroom (bath, wash-basin and WC), a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) and a separate WC.
The impressive staircase continues to the unconverted attic space (about 150m2). This space has recently been insulated and offers great potential for further development (subject to any relevant permissions).
The extensive and attractive stone outbuildings are arranged around a pretty courtyard and include a former stable and barns as well as garages and store rooms.
The property sits on a plot of 1378m2. To the front of the house is the pretty courtyard from which there is access to the road. A passageway that passes through an outbuilding leads through to a beautifully landscaped formal garden with lawns, flower borders, trees and shrubs. To one end of the garden is the orangery - a delightful space ideal for entertaining.
This exceptional property sits in the heart of a popular little riverside town and is within walking distance of all of its facilities - supermarket, boulangerie, bar...Perfect as a generous family home it also offers great income potential as a boutique B&B.
DPE ANCIENNE VERSION
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France