Unique stone farmhouse with olive grove close Valbonne village, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Côte d'Azur
This unique stone farmhouse dating from the 18th century with olive grove sits on an elevated position in the peaceful Cannes countryside just 5mn from Valbonne village, 30mn from Nice international airport and the sea side.
The estate consists of a main bastide, guest villa and a guardian cottage. Set on beautiful flat landscaped gardens of 2 hectares with a large 20m swimming pool, some 250 olive trees and an abundance of fruit trees, mulberry trees, wild flowers, roses, small vineyard, vegetable garden, old stone well and the remains of an old chapel.
The property has been entirely restored with taste and refinement respecting the original features. The interior has a traditional feel and a genuine, light ambiance of Provence throughout.
The main Mas from the 18th century consists of a beautiful entrance hall with glass doors, high ceiling reception room with stone fire place leading onto the terraces and garden, a large kitchen breakfast room, library with fire place, formal dining room. The main bastide has 4 principal bedrooms, and a guest wing with en suite master bedroom and an additional bedroom with private access and sunbath terrasse in the attached stone tower - all enjoy stunning views over the surrounding countryside and of the mountains.
The guest villa is in excellent condition and has private gated entrance and parking; it comprises entrance hall with floor to ceiling glass doors, full kitchen, glass-roofed dining area, laundry room, living room with fire place, wisteria covered pergola and 3 en-suite bedrooms with bathrooms. Set on 2000m2 garden with private pool.
There is also a one bedroom staff cottage located at the main entrance to the estate and a double garage, ample parking.
Truly rare historic property; and idyllic for entertaining family and friends. The olive oil is harvested annually from the property's olive trees, pressed and bottled at the local mill, and the vineyard gives a small wine production. Ref 5819
Primary Energy Consumption (kWh/m2/year) For This Property
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France