Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to the entrance hall (14m2) with tiled floor and exposed beam ceiling. To the left of the hall a door opens to a huge dual-aspect living room (50m2). This room has terracotta tiles to the floor, exposed stone walls and exposed beams. To the far end is a large working fireplace and there is a large picture window with a lovely view across the countryside. To one corner is a kitchen area and there is plenty of space for both sitting and dining areas too.
To the right of the hall a door opens to a room (30m2) which is currently used as a bedroom. This room has a tiled floor, exposed beams, a large stone fireplace and a glazed door to the garden to the front of the house.
Off the entrance hall is the shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
To the back of the entrance hall a door opens to a conservatory (25m2) with attractive views. Off the conservatory is a bedroom (14m2).
A wooden staircase rises from the living room into a huge bedroom above (50m2) with wooden floor and exposed beams. Off this room is an as yet unconverted attic space (18m2) which could easily be converted to a dressing room with bathroom. Beyond this is another attic space. The first floor could be configured to add additional bedrooms if desired.
To one side of the house is a run of smaller stone outbuildings (formerly animal pens) which provide good storage.
To the other side is a very large barn (about 230m2) which is divided into several sections. This barn provides ample storage and offers great potential for development (subject to any planning permissions).
The property sits on a plot of 40335m2 (about 10 acres). To the front of the house and barns there is a large parking area, next to which is the lawn. The rest of the land currently lies as meadow and looks to be ideal for horses or other animals.
This is a very attractive property that retains many original features, offers potential for development if desired and which comes with plenty of land. Sitting on the border between the Charente and the Dordogne, the popular town of Montbron is just a short drive.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France