Beautiful 19th C. chateau in the Berry, Centre of France, Cher, Centre-Val de Loire
Ref. 3713 Beautiful chateau for sale in the Berry, Centre of France
It is in the plains of Berry, a few hundred meters from a charming village, that this chateau was built within a beautiful park. The village offers the necessary amenities. Highway and train station are nearby. The city of Bourges is 30 km away.
Partially built on a cellar and raised by a few steps, it includes: On the ground floor: an entrance hall, a living room (45sqm), office, kitchen, pantry, bedroom with shower room and wc, utility room and wc. On the first floor: 4 bedrooms, 3 shower rooms, wc, study, and a dressing room. On the second floor: a bedroom fits in the attic, the attics and other former service bedrooms still await development. Pretty vaulted cellars below used in the wine cellar, pantry, boiler room and fuel storage. The surface per level is approximately 160 sqm.
The quality of the undertaken restoration is up to the quality of the house. The architectural and decorative elements of this small chateau have been maintained, preserved, and sometimes, as in the living room, some woodwork has been added. Parquet floors, fireplaces, mouldings are there, without giving in to the comfort that is now complete and up to date
An independent house, built in the 1970s, has been comfortably refurbished. It has 4 rooms, a laundry room and a kitchen. Electric heating. Double glazed PVC windows. It can be sold furnished and constitute a family accommodation or for rent. Opposite the chateau, two large farm outbuildings are opposite and form a courtyard enclosed by walls and railings. One includes a 240 sqm room with other rooms in a row. The surfaces and volumes are large and offer multiple possibilities. The other houses a comfortable three-room apartment. Behind, there are a greenhouse, a sheet metal shed for equipment or storage, another shed and a tennis court.
The chateau is set in its 21,42 acres (8,67ha). Most of the land is wooded: the park with centenary trees (pines, American walnut, redwood, cedars, honey locust). A large meadow was reforested in 2013 with truffle oaks, oaks, walnut trees, beech trees, rowan, whitebeam and is beginning to present an exceptional territory, pierced by walkways.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France