Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to a spacious room (17m2) with tiled floor and an attractive stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. This room currently serves as a second reception room / TV room. From here a door opens to the very large living room (54m2) with tiled floor, stone Charentaise fireplace and a glazed door to a courtyard garden to the front of the house. To one end of the living room is a fitted kitchen area (off which is a pantry), leaving plenty of space for both sitting and dining areas.
To the back of the smaller reception room an opening leads to an internal hall, off which is a laundry room as well as a separate WC.
Wooden stairs rise from the internal hall to the landing. Off the landing are three bedrooms (two doubles: 18m2, 17m2 and and a small single: 6m2 - to finish) - the larger bedroom has an ensuite shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) and the second double bedroom has an ensuite WC with wash-basin). In addition to this there is bathroom (to finish).
Attached to the house (and accessible from both the house and the garden) is a 2-bedroom gîte (to finish).
From the raised terrace to the front of the gîte a door opens to the living room (25m2) with tiled floor. To one corner is a fitted kitchen and there is space for both dedicated sitting and dining areas. To the back of the living room a corridor leads to two bedrooms (14m2 and 6.5m2) as well as a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
The gîte has been created by converting part of an outbuilding - the second half offers the potential for conversion to another gîte or could simply be used for storage. In the garden there is a small summer house (currently used as comfortable quarters for a dog.
The house sits on a plot of 2409m2, with the garden being mainly left to lawn with a number of trees and hedges. In the garden there is a terrace with an above-ground pool.
This property sits in the sought-after Grande Champagne region of the Cognac vineyards. Set on the edge of a small hamlet, it is just a short walk into the village which offers a bar/restaurant and a boulangerie. A little further away, the larger village of Segonzac provides a supermarket, restaurants, medical centre, vet etc. The historic riverside towns of Jarnac and Cognac are about a 15 minute drive. The house does require some finishing work.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France