VIENS - Lovely medieval village property in the heart of Provence, with rooftop terrace, separate studio and possibility for an art gallery or workshop., Vaucluse, Provence-Côte d'Azur
In the beautiful village of Viens in the Luberon, beautiful French stairways lead you to the authentic living room with beams and a kitchen. On the level above, of this 4-storey village property, we find a corridor with 3 bedrooms, a separate toilet and a bathroom. At the third level we enter the lovely south-west facing rooftop terrace, overviewing the medieval buildings and the surrounding mountains. On that level a separate studio with a livingroom, kitchen, bathroom, toilet and a separate bedroom has been installed under the roof. This part has been recently renovated. All floors have been retiled in the old French style.
On the ground floor and below there are three cellars which could be used as a seasonal art gallery or as a wine cellar. The old houses such as this were all connected by tunnels that lead to the original chateau. In times of attack (from "the Saracens"), the inhabitants would use the tunnels to escape to the chateau of Viens, at just a 100 m distance. There are very few houses in the village that still have access to the tunnels. This is one of them.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France