St Jean d'Aulps - Superb 5 bedroom traditional Savoyard mountain village house with a 2 bedroom apartment for sale in St Jean d'Aulps - Mountain views and only 1km from the restaurants and bars in the village centre, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes
This large imposing house for sale in St Jean d'Aulps dating back to 1714 was once the region's jail, courthouse and police station and was where a gunpowder plot was successfully masterminded. It was renovated 200 years ago using stolen stone from the enemy's demolished Abbey and has subsequently housed a restaurant, a tabac and a village shop and has also been a working farm. Many of the building's original features remain today. The current refurbishment offers over 350m2 habitable space and still has an attic that could be converted.
Steeped in local history it is in a prominent position on a square and overlooks Mont Evian, the village of St Jean D'Aulps and the mountains beyond. It is on the free ski bus route up to the local ski station of La Grande Terche and it's only a 10 minute drive (8km) to access the slopes of Morzine/Avoriaz and the rest of the Portes du Soleil domain.
- Large sitting/dining room of 42m2
- Farmhouse kitchen of over 32m2 with walk in storeroom
- 5 large bedrooms each with an en suite bathroom
- Games room
- Internal cave with vaulted ceiling -Boot room -Boiler room housing the wood pellet boiler -Laundry room
- Independent 2 bedroom apartment -Garage -Enclosed south facing garden on the side of the house -Parking for 5 vehicles
Currently run as a catered chalet this authentic property could equally be a beautiful family home.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France