Deux-Sèvres, Nouvelle Aquitaine
A flight of steps rise form the garden to the front door which opens to the entrance hall. To the left of the hall is bedroom (14m2) with a lovely view over the garden.
From the hall a pair of arched doors opens into a very impressive living room (55m2) with tiled floor and stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. The living room has plenty of space for very generous sitting and dining areas. Doors from the living room open to a conservatory (9m2) which in turn has access to a garden area to the rear of the house.
To the left of the living room there is a room (12m2) which currently serves as a library / office.
To the right of the living room a doorway leads to the kitchen (18m2) with tiled floor, a range of fitted units and space for a good size kitchen table. From the kitchen there is a door to the garden and there is also access to the gîte / apartment.
A very attractive spiral staircase rises from the living room to the first floor landing off which are two double bedrooms (17m2 and 13m2). The largest bedroom has an ensuite bathroom (bath, wash-basin and WC) and a wonderful view. The other bedroom has a walk-in dressing room (6m2).
Below the house, and accessed from the garden, is an extensive cellar with plenty of storage space. The cellar also houses the oil-fired central heating boiler.
Gîte / Apartment
Attached to the house, with access from both the garden and the main house, is an immaculately presented guest house. It comes with a sitting room (12m2), a dining room (13m2), a kitchen, two double bedrooms (14m2 and 12m2), a bathroom (bath and wash-basin) and a separate WC.
The property comes with a garage and a number of additional garden outbuildings.
The house sits in a beautiful plot of 6865m2 (just over 1½ acres). The grounds are mainly laid to lawn with plenty of impressive specimen trees, giving the garden a park-like feel. The lawn stretches down to the banks of the river Boutonne - ideal for some boating or a spot of fishing.
Sitting on the edge of a pretty little village, the nearest amenities are just a short drive/cycle in Chizé - 5km. The popular towns of Aulnay and St Jean d'Angély are within easy reach and Niort, with its excellent facilities and transport links, is just 30km.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France