Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The property is south-facing and benefits from ample light into the spacious rooms. It has gas-fired central heating to radiators throughout the house. All windows have external shutters. The ground floor has ceramic tile flooring and upstairs has pine flooring.
Ground floor The property has a roomy kitchen (3m x 4m), with fitted wall and base cupboards.
There is a downstairs shower room and separate toilet and plumbing for a washing machine in the shower room.
The lounge (6m x 6m) with windows to south and north, is bright and pleasant with beams and a feature fireplace.
A second lounge (6m x 4m) with windows to south and north, would make an ideal second TV room/snug/formal dining room.
Upstairs, from the landing lead three bedrooms, 6m x 4m; 4m x 3m; 4m x 3m, all with large windows. There is also an upstairs WC.
The 2-bedroomed gite is a charming rose and vine covered cottage.
It has an open-plan fully- fitted kitchen, with a rear door leading out to the garden. It is being sold with white goods included. The spacious lounge/dining area has views over the garden and out to the driveway.
Upstairs, the gite offers two bedrooms (6m x 4m; 3m x 3m) and a shower room.
Heating is by electric heaters and a wood-burning stove.
The gite can be rented out, bringing in an income - or perfect for visiting freinds / family.
The main garden is laid to grass with flower borders, a peach tree, and is securely fence, ideal for pets. There is also an additional small courtyard garden.
There is a large (approx 70 sqm) private sunny decking area – a great area for drinks with friends, or for a BBQ.
The two-storey barn is clean, dry, airy, secure and good for storage. It has a pedestrian access one side (next to the decking area), and a larger vehicular access door on the opposite side.
There is space to park 3-4 cars on the driveway.
The property has a recently-installed (2017) septic tank system. Internet access in both main house and in gite are via phone lines to wi-fi routers. TV satellite dishes are installed on both the main house and on the gite for UK TV. Fibre-optic internet cabling is currently being installed in the village (2020).
Located between Angouleme and Limoges, and very conveniently near to several large towns for shopping. Nearest airport is Limoges (approx 40 minutes drive).
Good location with a variety of potential options..
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France