Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens into a reception room (20m2 - currently used as the dining room) with exposed beam ceiling, exposed stone feature wall and a stone fireplace. To the right of the dining room a doorway leads through to the kitchen (25m2) with tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling, exposed stone wall, a range of fitted units and a pair of glazed doors the the garden. This room is easily large enough for a good-size dining table.
To the back of the dining room a short passage, off which are a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) and a small laundry room, leads to a large living room (41m2) with tiled floor, exposed beam ceiling, exposed stone feature wall and a pretty limestone Charentaise fireplace. To one side of the room a pair of glazed doors open into private courtyard (20m2), from where there is access back into the kitchen as well as to the garage.
A modern staircase rises from the living room to a large mezzanine overlooking it (20m2). To the right a short corridor gives access to a bedroom (20m2) with a dressing area (9m2).
Another passageway leads to two more bedrooms (11.5m2 and 10.5m2) as well as a bathroom (bath, wash-basin and WC). There is also access to an attic area that has been upgraded to create play area for children (very limited head-height).
Attached to the house and accessed via the courtyard and the lane, the garage (44m2) offers enclosed parking and also houses the oil-fired central heating system. Part of the garage has been walled-off to create a store room.
To the front of the house is a walled garden, partly laid to gravel (for parking) and partly to lawn, with a mulberry tree offering shade. In addition to this there is also the walled courtyard to the back of the kitchen / off the living room.
This is an attractive house in a great edge-of-village location. It offers comfortable living (central heating, wood double-glazing, mains drainage) within walking distance of the village boulangerie, grocer's shop, butcher and pizza restaurant. The market town of Jarnac is just a short drive and the department's capital city, Angoulême, with its great shopping, dining and transport links, is easily accessible. Absolutely perfect as a main residence or a second home.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France