Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens into a very large farmhouse kitchen / dining room (54m2) with double height ceiling, exposed stone walls, wooden floor and a wood-burning stove. This large room has plenty of space for a very generous dining area and to one corner there is a fitted kitchen.
A door from the kitchen leads into the sitting room (24m2) with wooden floor, exposed stone walls, high ceiling, fireplace with wood-burning stove and there is also a door to the lane.
Off the sitting room is a store room which in turn leads to a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
To the far side of the sitting room a corridor gives access to a large ground floor bedroom (18m2) with tiled floor, dressing area and ensuite shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC). From this room there are doors to both the garden to the rear of the house and to the lane.
A wooden staircase rises from the corridor to the first floor landing, off which are two generous double bedrooms (27m2 and 16m2) as well as an office / 5th bedroom (11m2).
Another staircase rises from the kitchen / dining room to a spacious mezzanine bedroom (21m2) off which is a bathroom (bath, wash-basin and WC).
Attached to the house is a garage which also houses the oil-fired central heating boiler.
The house sits in a level plot of 2267m2. The prettily landscaped garden is mainly laid to lawn with a number of mature trees, shrubs and flower borders. To one corner there is an area laid to gravel with parking for a number of cars.
Sitting in the garden is the walled swimming pool area. The pool itself (12m x 6m) is surrounded with plenty of terracing. Running along one side is a substantial pool house which has a summer room with sliding patio doors, a covered dining area and a store / pump room.
In addition to this there is a large garden outbuilding with plenty of useful space for storing garden equipment. Next to this is the log store.
This spacious and pretty house sits at the end of a small lane on the very edge of the village. If offers comfortable accommodation the added luxury of a large swimming pool. The little market town of Aigre is just a short drive and the large town of Ruffec, with its wide variety of shops and restaurants, is just 15km. From Ruffec there are good transport links to Paris and Bordeaux.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France