60 hectares AOC Domain in Provence, Var, Provence-Côte d'Azur
The terroir: The sloping vineyards of this domain extend to 60 hectares and lie in the heart of the Côtes de Provence appellation.
The vines grow on chalk/clay soil resting above sedimentary fissured limestone. The roots work their way down the fissures for up to 40 metres.
The terroir has always been renowned for producing some of the finest and longest lived red wines of the region – complex, powerful with supple dark fruit. With remarkably low yields and hand harvesting into small containers, the domain practices sustainability in all aspects of its vineyard management and winemaking processes.
Having achieved full organic status, the domain emphasizes respect for the environment and balance of the entire ecosystem.
The wines produced are all within the Côtes de Provence appellation and organic viticultural practices are employed. The grapes are harvested by hand in the early morning, into small containers, and sorted both in the vineyard and at the cellar door.
The gently sloping vineyards covered in stones consist of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Cinsault and Rolle (Vermentino). Some older varietals are also incorporated which add complexity.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France