17th Century Manor House, Grasse, Alpes-Maritimes, Provence-Côte d'Azur
A beautifully restored bergerie dating back to the 17th century on the outskirts of Grasse, with spectacular gardens of 7 hectares, swimming pool, guest house and independent studio.
The ground floor, featuring unusually heigh ceilings for a property of this age, comprises a large living room with fire place, study, a grand dining room and kitchen breakfast room. There are four bedrooms on the first floor and a fifth bedroom in the eves of the second floor. The wine cellar is accessed externally and is naturally cool. 5620
A guardian or guest cottage sits some 100 yards to the north of the main house and above three garages. An open living/dining room follow the kitchen while two bedrooms are to be found at first floor level.
To the south of the main house, past the swimming pool and approached via a stunning plane tree lined avenue is the guest studio, in reality a pretty 1 bedroom apartment.
Over 7 hectares of verdant gardens abundant in fruit and olive trees surround the property and a series of ancient bridges criss-cross the shallow river which bisects the gardens. A pond and natural sources add to the calm ambiance of the estate.
A remarkable level of privacy is afforded to the owners of this discreet yet grand manor which remains within easy reach of Cannes, the motorway and airport. Ref 5620
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France