Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The current owner used the estate over the past 12 years as a “camping à la ferme”, as a hobby and to complement his retirement. The new owner could continue this but there are other possibilities. A holiday park with a turnover or you could choose to use it as a full-time or holiday home and entertain family and friends.
The main house was originally built as a watermill in 1836 for wheat and grain and it was in operation for almost 100 years. The house has been improved, enlarged and renovated many times. However, the house still retains much of original character, including the wooden beams.
The ground floor includes:
front terrace with doors to kitchen (17 sq m) and living area (33 sq m) utility room (18 sq m) with toilet and door to barn large barn with storage rooms dining/living room with fireplace, bathroom (7 sq m) with bath, shower, WC and bidet, separate toilet and office/storage room.
On the 1st floor there are four bedrooms (13, 12 12 and 10 sq m), two bathrooms with shower and WC, hallway, living area with kitchenette (18 sq m). Double French doors open onto a large terrace in the rear.
The house has central heating with an oil fired boiler. Three separate septic tank systems have been installed on the property with “Certificates de Conformité”.
2 bedroom guest house that sleeps 4, 3 bedroom chalet that sleeps 6, recreation room/cafe/bar with full kitchen, toilets showers and large, covered terrace camping facilities, including two separate sanitary blocks, each with 2 toilets, 2 showers, 2 lavatories and two dishwashing sinks. Furthermore, there is a large workshop, a two car carport and a tool room.
Environment The 8 hectares estate consists of hilly fields and forests with two small, constantly flowing streams passing through the property. In one of the rivers is a waterfall. The property is at the end of a road and is very private.
It is equally situated 12-15 kms between the towns of Confolens, Chabanais and Saint Junien. It is 2 kms from the small village of Saulgond and near the hamlet of Pommier. Some larger towns nearby offer all necessary amenities, such as supermarkets, schools and hospitals. The largest tourist attractions nearby are Oradour-sur-Glane, the Lacs de Haute-Charente and the Château de la Rochefoucauld.
In summary, an outstanding and rare opportunity to purchase a large estate with a variety of options and revenue generation potential..
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France