Beautiful traditional charming four bedroom Gascony farmhouse, with two bedroom cottage / gîte. Secluded and peaceful Gers location, set in 2 hectares of land. Space for swimming pool. Just ten minutes from thriving town with shops and amenities., Gers, Occitanie
There are two properties included on the plot; a cottage and a four bedroom farm house.
The attractive cottage offers two double bedrooms, shower room, a good size open plan kitchen / diner / living room, with wood burner stove, modern kitchen and views out across the garden. It is well presented and ready to move in to; it would be ideal as a gîte or separate accommodation for friends and family.
The farmhouse has a welcoming feel, with a real sense of history in the building - the oldest part is about 300 years old. The farmhouse is habitable, but will benefit from refurbishment to make it the perfect home. All the rooms are located on the ground floor and include a kitchen, dinning room, lounge and four bedrooms, plus shower room, WC and utility room and summer kitchen. Heating is via a modern oil fired centre heating system.
The building joins with the grange to create a U-shaped structure, wrapping around a very peaceful and private courtyard, which is full of wisteria in the late spring. There is attic space of approximately 150m2, which may be possible to convert to habitable space subject to the necessary permissions.
The site is about 2 hectares. The landscaped part of the garden has a wonderland parkland feel, with established oak trees offering shade in the summer and plenty of space. The other part of the garden has been left more natural, providing habitat for deer, hare and other wildlife. In addition to the grange incorporated into the farmhouse, there are two further barns on the land; a colombage construction barn attached to the cottage and another free standing barn of modern construction.
The property is about ten minutes drive from Eauze, a thriving Gers town, with plenty of shops and facilities, including a popular market, cinema and golf course. There are some beautiful villages close by, including Montreal, Fourcés, Condom and Gondrin to name just a few. The area is rich in vineyards, with plenty of opportunity to buy direct from producers.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France