A beautifully restored, traditional, stone house with income potential, situated in a peaceful location within walking distance of the Nantes/Brest Canal., Finistère, Brittany
This beautiful, character house, thought to be a former baronial tithe barn, has been lovingly restored by the current owners using local artisans and local materials. Benefiting from 4 good-sized bedrooms - with the possibility of a fifth bedroom in the mezzanine area on the second floor - and 5 bathrooms, two of which are en-suite, the house would provide spacious accommodation as a family home. However, one end of the house can easily become an independent annexe with its own entrance, thus providing income potential through holiday accommodation rentals.
Being situated on a no-through road, which leads directly to the Nantes/Brest Canal, and being not overlooked, the house, its gardens and orchard are in a perfect location to relax and enjoy the beautiful Breton countryside.
The village of St. Goazec, where daily amenities such as a bar and shop are located, is approximately 2 kms away, whilst Châteauneuf du Faou is approximately 7 kms away. Here you will find all larger commerce, including a Le Clerc hypermarket, do-it-yourself shops, garden centres, bars, and restaurants, as well as schools. It also plays host to an extremely popular jazz festival each year and with Carhaix-Plouguer, home of the world famous Vieilles Charrues music festival, being approximately 26kms away, there is plenty of entertainment close at hand. For those preferring more tranquil past times, the stunning Domaine de Trévarez with its amazing château and beautiful gardens is situated a stone's throw away in St. Goazec and is not to be missed! There is something for everyone to enjoy in this beautiful part of Finistère and this fantastic house could be the place from where to do your exploring!
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France