Chance to buy a Fine Chateau & Estate on edge of lake., Cher, Centre-Val de Loire
Stunning 16/19thC Chateau for sale comprising of 680 m2 within 1 hour from Bourges, near Saint Amand Montrond. Set in a commanding position within an 18 hectares enclosed park featuring a 8,000 m2 lake and bordering a canal. With 38 hectares of land and 34 hectares of this 19th Century section of the building is flanked by a listed Pigeonnier. The outbuildings include a caretaker's house and a chapel. The location, 15km from a town equipped with all amenities, is very tranquil. It is also situation 30 km from a railway station with access to A71 / A77 / N7 roads.
The Chateau Ground floor: - Entrance hall (21 m2) with staircase - Hallway tiled with mosaic floor - Large Salon (50 m2) with attractive period features (coffered ceiling, parquet floor, fireplace) - Small Salon in a corner tower - Fantastic Library (30 m2) with parquet floor and door to south-facing terrace, looking out onto lake and canal - Further Salon (47 m2) - Music room (15 m2) - Large Billiard room (17 m2) - XVIth C Wing : Dining room (32 m2); Pantry; Study; Kitchen; Service staircase.
First floor: - 5 bedrooms (40 m2, 34 m2, 25 m2, 21 m2, 17 m2) - 2 bathrooms - 2 shower rooms - WCs - Linen room / store cupboards - West wing : 4 bedrooms (27 m2, 19 m2, 14 m2, 11 m2); bathroom; WCs
Second floor: 7 bedrooms, store rooms
Basement: Situated under part of the main building and comprised of a boiler room (oil-fired heating); cellars, wine cellar, fruit store.
Additional information: The château is mostly in good condition. The roof has been regularly maintained. However, the chateau has been empty for some years and the interior needs modernisation and redecorating, as well as updating the heating system, the kitchen and plumbing/drainage.
Outbuildings: - A beautiful Pigeonnier, 12m in diameter (MH-listed), comprising 3 floors with a magnificent exposed wooden roof structure. - Chapel - Barns and stables - Second house which is currently rented out - Former lock keeper's house - also currently rented out Both additional houses appear in good condition and have up-to-date septic tank systems corresponding to current standards.
Grounds: 90 hectares overall consisting of 18ha of enclosed park as well as gardens, which is partially walled, also 34 hectares of woodland and and 38 hectares of land. There are two entrances to the grounds.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France