Pretty 19th C. Chateau for sale near Montlucon. , Allier, Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes
€1,190,000 Guide price
Pretty 19th C. Chateau for sale in the beautiful rolling countryside of the Bourbonnais bocage. Shops and a golf course are nearby and the property is just 300 kms south of Paris near a sizeable town of 40,000 inhabitants, easily accessible by autoroute. Built around 1870 with cellars under the entire building, the main facade is framed by two towers and built of limestone with typical neo-gothic motifs adorning it. Behind is a further tower set in the raid and housing a spiral staircase. Despite the surface on each floor only being 130m2, the position on top of a hill in a commanding position and these characteristics serve to make it a manageable but nonetheless real Castle. The accommodation comprises
Ground floor: Entrance hall, Salon dining room, study, kitchen, W.C. and two small rooms in the turrets.
First floor: Reached by an oak staircase. its handrail supported by a tulip pattern rod, there are three main bedrooms, a well equipped shower room, a bathroom, a wardrobe and two small rooms in the towers.
Second Floor: 3 further bedrooms, a bathroom and W.C. Loft space which is not suitable for conversion. Vaulted cellars under the whole chateau. Amongst the original features are parquet floors and marble fireplaces and the rooms are pleasantly distributed.
Guest house: There is also a guest pavilion, from which a tower emerges. The interior has not been fitted out, but it is preserved, resembling a romantic ruin with great scope for the imagination to run riot in developing the space.
Caretaker's house at the entrance, comfortable and in a tidy condition with 3 large main rooms, a bathroom, double glazing, heating by electric radiators and a stone facade.
Outbuildings In the courtyard a long building houses the garages, sheds and stables. Kennel with a dovecote tower. Water tower turret Ice house near the outbuildings.
Grounds: The whole area is unencumbered and free from tenants. A large meadow in front of the castle goes down to the stream. To the side, a wood follows the line of the ridge. A vegetable garden has been re-enclosed with a wall. It is watered by a circuit fed by the well pump and a water storage system. Adjoining is the garden house. One half is intended for vegetable production, the other is in an orchard. Overall, the grounds extend to 13.83 hectares ( approximately 34 acres).
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France