Charming chateau for sale in the Dordogne valley between Sarlat and Souillac, Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine
€1,590,000 Guide price
Charming château for sale located in the Dordogne valley between Sarlat and Souillac has 12th century origins and was reconfigured in the 17th Century. The château and its annexes offers 900 m2 of habitable space with a total of 17 bedrooms and is set in a park of 7.5 hectares with two swimming pools. The chateau- Ground floor Entrance is through the round tower with an original stone staircase that serves all floors. Large fully kitchen with marble tops and a range cooker Dining room with stone floors, exposed beams and a huge stone fireplace Guard's room with a vaulted ceiling Sitting room with parquet floor, exposed beams and an adjoining bar area.
First floor-with Master suite with parquet floors, stone fireplace, exposed beams, private covered balcony with views over the valley, a dressing room and an ensuite bathroom. There are a further 4 ensuite bedrooms on this floor.
Second floor has a large double ensuite bedroom with exposed beams. A smaller ensuite bedroom. There is a large attic space that could be converted to further living space, and a narrow stone staircase that leads to the terrace on the tower. The château is equipped with gas central heating.
Other accommodation/outbuildings- The annexe, or 'Maison du Parc' Ground floor- Kitchen, bathroom, 5 ensuite bedrooms with direct access to the gardens. First floor- 3 further ensuite bedrooms A large reception space/ snooker room that opens on to a further terrace on the first floor with steps that do down to the garden. Electric heating. The 'pigeonnier’- which offers a living room and open plan kitchen and a further two bedrooms, with its own enclosed garden. Equipped with gas central heating. The second pool (13.5 x 7.5m) is set in the park nearby. In front of the château is a lawned area with a dining terrace and barbecue area, and the pool sits on the terrace below. The rest of the grounds include orchards and meadows, including the resident donkey and two sheep! The property has a good track record as a holiday rental property and wedding venue. Ideally situated 20 minutes from Brive airport, 1hr 20 mins from Bergerac and Limoges airport, 1h 40 from Toulouse airport, 2h40 from Bordeaux airport, and 5 minutes from Souillac for trains to Paris and the motorway.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France