Nernier: Unique, historical, lakeside property with intriguing literary history. Right on the harbour in the medieval village of Nernier. Large garden. Commutable to Geneva and Nyon, Switzerland., Haute-Savoie, Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes
The port side location of this characterful property is nothing short of magical, with Nernier's harbour directly in front, flowing into Lac Léman, with the Jura mountains behind. The view through every window is like a painting. The house also has a rich history. It is a former guest house where English-born author Mary Shelley stayed with her husband Percy in 1816 while they were touring Lac Léman (Lake Geneva). Violent storms on the lake inspired Mary Shelley to write the infamous horror novel Frankenstein. She is known to have penned some of the pages in this very house. There is even a plaque to prove it!
- Stunning, high-quality renovation of former Auberge (guest house) dating back to 1739.
- On harbour's edge. Balcony right over the water. Ladder directly down into the lake.
- Picture-postcard views across Lac Léman to the Jura mountains beyond.
- Beautiful medieval village of Nernier, known as "La Perle du Léman".
- 200 square metres spread over 4 floors with an internal elevator.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms.
- Garden / plot to the rear of the property of 710 square metres, part of which could be built on.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France