Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens to an entrance area of the very large living room (72m2). This dual-aspect room has a tiled floor, a freestanding wood-burning stove, defined sitting and dining areas and, to one corner, a range of fitted kitchen units. To the back of the room a pair of glazed doors opens to a terrace overlooking the garden.
To the left of the living room a part-glazed door leads through to the sitting room (26m2) with tiled floor, exposed stone feature wall and another wood-burning stove.
To the rear of the sitting room a part-glazed door then opens into an internal hall. To one side a door opens back into the kitchen, giving an excellent flow to the ground floor. Off this hall is the laundry room (6m2) with a separate WC. From the utility room there is a glazed door to the terrace to the back of the house.
A staircase rises from the internal hall to the landing from where there is access to two double bedrooms. The master bedroom (17m2) has an exposed stone feature wall, exposed beams and an ensuite shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
The next bedroom (20m2) has a wooden floor and exposed beam-work. To the far side of this bedroom a door opens to a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC), from where there is an access to the third bedroom (14m2). This bedroom has a wooden floor, exposed beam-work and its own independent access via staircase leading back down to the main living room.
To the back of the house a terrace leads to a beautifully landscaped garden, mainly laid to lawn with a number of shrubs and flower borders and enclosed by a mature hedge. To the far end of the garden there is an enclosure for an above-ground pool, next to which is a gravel terrace - a perfect spot from which to enjoy the garden.
Included in the sale is a second property, just one house down the lane. This building comprises two rooms on the ground floor, two on the second floor, a large attic and a small garden. Currently used for storage and as a workshop, it could be renovated to provide a habitable house.
This immaculate house, with its pretty garden and potential for a second house (income potential?) is in the heart of a small village. The neighbouring village is within cycling/walking distance and offers a restaurant and boulangerie. Ideal as a permanent residence, it could also make a very comfortable and generous holiday/second home.
DPE ANCIENNE VERSION
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France