Carcassonne Superb 18th C. Domain with Mansion and park, 3 gîtes, stables, outbuildings, swimming pool, paddocks on 107ha of grounds, quiet and very private, ideal for horses, tourism, farming ***exceptional property***..., Aude, Occitanie
Description of the Buildings Mansion from 1750 and 19th Century There are 480m² over 2 level, 5 en-suite bedrooms and a suite. Ground floor:
- Large entrance hall with sitting area and beautiful wooden staircase
- to the left a large sitting room 40m² with original floor tiles, fireplace with a wonderful wooden service staircase, opening on the lovely terrace, shaded in the summer and sunny in the winter
- another lounge or sitting room 22m² with beautiful original floor tiles and a marble fireplace, opening as well on 2 exterior sides
- from the entrance to the right, there is a corridor leading to the various following rooms:
- large fully fitted kitchen 27m² barbecue, eating corner, with access to another terrace
- cloak room 7m², with WC
- large dining room 55m² with an impressive fireplace, high ceilings, lovely high windows, having a second independent access through the tower
- besides the kitchen is a pantry, laundry room, small room with a fireplace, large cave with technical installation
- bedroom 22m² with fireplace, en-suite bathroom 7.7m², separate WC
- bedroom 15.5m² with en-suite shower room 4m², separate WC
- suite with sitting room 22m² (or can be used as a bedroom too) with a wooden staircase leading to the bedroom 25m² with its bathroom 8m², separate WC, with a sloping roof
- bedroom 19m² with en-suite shower room 5m², separate WC
- bedroom 25m² with en-suite bathroom 11m², separate WC
- tower bedroom 24m² with fireplace, en-suite shower room in the tower, separate WC, a staircase is leading up to a small sitting room at top level of the tower
Gîtes 2, part of the farm building complex 90m² single story Entrance, large room 46m² with kitchen, dining and lounge area, with fireplace, high ceiling, 3 bedrooms, shower room, WC. En extension of about 100m² would be possible or to create a separate Gîtes.
Gîtes 3, part of the farm building complex This Gîte of 77m² needs to be updated, kitchen, dining and lounge, 2 bedrooms, shower room, WC. It could be easily as well extended into a 3 bedroom Gîte.
Lovely swimming pool 10m x 5m with large surround, solar shower
Situated at the edge of the park Greenhouse 25m² Kennels Water basin for more then 200m3 of water
Farm buildings built in an U-shape
- 200m² wine cave with some concrete tanks and 4 grain silos on the ground floor, 200m² in one large room on the first floor
- Stables 150m²
- Another building with Garage 36m² and stables 150m² used partly for heating system on the ground floor, the whole first floor are just empty large spaces, partly former living space for employees
- Other stables of 100m²
- In total there are 26 boxes in various distinct places. They all have automatic waterers and security doors.
- There are various possibilities to develop further accommodations.
- 2 ha of park and garden (6 redwood, palm, cedar, cypress, old arbutus, 800 years old green oak, ash, white oak, pin sprockets, maritime pine, truffle oak, poplar huge plane trees, rose chestnut etc.)
- 36ha of arable land 23ha of grassland, meadows of which 6 hectares are arable there are 7 pastures with access to the river which are in paddocks (5 Horses)
- Olive grove 7ha with about 1200 old trees, at the moment under rehabilitation
- 38ha Forests, pine forest, coppice, copse
- 3ha coniferous
- 28ha scrub land
- A river with water all year round crosses the property at its length of about 2km.
- More then 12kms of tracks on the property, ideal for the training of endurance horses - galloping on 2km
- Wildlife and nature varied and preserved
- real garrigue with thyme and its herbs and bushes, totally unexpected here
- a richer soil and vegetation compared to the area and altitude
- pockets of sand with shells like on the seaside
- the olive grove which has been abandoned for 50 years gives every year more and more oil with the label 'vierge extra qualité supérieure
- Water: There are 2 inexhaustible sources of which one is captured by a beautiful grotto. A well is feed by the river. Further the source is filling up a basin of more then 200m3. This water is used for the farming needs, so for the horses and irrigation.
- The buildings benefit from town water. There are 3 septic tanks with partly in need of work.
- Hunting on invitation
- species such as thyme, rosemary, lavender aromatic and medicinal plants
- Organic farming (vegetables, cereal etc.)
- Wine as it was a winery
- Equestrian center with horse riding tours and on-site accommodation
- Gîtes and B&B
- Events, weddings, seminars etc
Comments A charming property surrounded by lovely countryside. This domain is ideal for a lover of country life with an equestrian business, Gîtes and B&B, a farmer or just for a luxury private use without any commercial background. There are plenty of completely different development possibilities or a mixture of them. Please dont hesitate to contact us to ask whether your project would fit this exceptional property.
Primary Energy Consumption (kWh/m2/year) For This Property
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France