Superb 17th century riverside Château including a spacious seven-bedroom house and a successful leisure business in the foothills of the lovely Cévennes national park. A unique opportunity, not to be missed., Gard, Occitanie
119489TFO30 - The Château is set in its own valley with over two and a half hectares (6 acres) of parklands bordered by the river Gardon and in the midst of wonderful, abundant wildlife with the beautiful and popular lakes of Camboux just 2km away. Close by are the wild Cévennes mountains and the rivers of the Tarn, Ardeche and Cèze with their wide range of attractions. To the south are the wine growing regions of the Languedoc and, within 90 minutes, the beaches of the Mediterranean.
It is just a five-minute drive to the nearest town with shops and twice- weekly market and the lively town of Ales with its full range of shops and facilities is 15 minutes away. Mediaeval Uzès, Roman Nimes and vibrant Montpellier are all within easy reach. International airports at Nimes, Montpellier and Marseilles are accessible and there are excellent rail links, including a local station you can walk to. The TGV from Nimes will take you directly to Paris in around three hours.
The Château is spectacular and boasts a history that can be traced back at least 400 years. It is built of golden stone from the surrounding hills and set around a charming central courtyard. In the 1890s the Château was bought by a high-ranking French diplomat who renovated and updated it adding a beautiful 'Parisian' façade and designing the park with its stately plane trees which sweep down to the river.
This is a rare opportunity. The Château is a thriving tourism enterprise with high quality gites and great potential to develop a wedding/events business. This is uniquely paired with an elegant and spacious home. It offers the real possibility for a complete lifestyle change. Alternatively, it would provide a spectacular base in one of the most unspoiled but accessible areas of France for a large family or for a business.
Primary Energy Consumption (kWh/m2/year) For This Property
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France