Charming Village House - Ideal Family/ Holiday Home, Tarn, Occitanie
The house, situated on the edge of a beautiful riverside village, has been tastefully renovated using traditional materials retaining many period features.
A private, gravel driveway leads to the gated entrance to the property with its beautiful salt water pool and adjacent lawn, flower borders and covered terrace. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, ground floor WC, kitchen / dining room, living room, laundry room, attic space and a garage/workshop attached to the side.
The main entrance doors lead into the dining area and fitted kitchen with beamed ceiling and natural stone wall features. The bright, cosy sitting room is double aspect and has a wood burning stove, fitted cupboard and bookshelves. Triple French doors lead outside onto the spacious covered dining area (15 m2) draped in wisteria. The 4th bedroom, on the ground floor is currently used as a TV room which has a stone arched wall feature and double glazed doors. It has built-in cabling for French and UK/International satellite channels and Fibre optic cable is supplied to the house. The laundry room houses white goods, a sink and the internal Air Sourced Central Heating Pump.
A traditional timber staircase leads to the first floor landing with two fitted double wardrobes. The three bedrooms on the 1st floor are all doubles and all look out over the garden, pool and wooded hills beyond.The Master Bedroom has windows to three sides and there is a further fitted wardrobe in Bedroom 2 which also benefits from parquet flooring. There is a shower room and separate bathroom both fully fitted. Also on the first floor is a door and stairs leading to a large attic which might afford potential for further development with the appropriate permissions.
The private, west facing garden with its terracing, lawn, shrub and flower borders is fully enclosed by fencing and mature hedging. At the bottom of the garden is the pool pump house and a hard standing area for a car.
The house setting offers welcome tranquility whilst being close to the amenities in the beautiful historic villages of Monestiés and Cordes-sur-Ciel. The medieval city of Albi is about 25 minutes by car.
Price including agency fees : 336.000 € Price excluding agency fees : 316.982 € Buyer commission included: 6%
Primary Energy Consumption (kWh/m2/year) For This Property
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France