Pretty Stone Village House with Gite Potential, Gers, Occitanie
A very well renovated stone farmhouse with 4 bedrooms (one on the ground floor) and a very useful barn, which would easily convert to a gite if required. Gas central heating and double glazing throughout make this a comfortable family home.
The bright (through light) entrance hall leads to a spacious sitting room to the left and a family room / day room to the right.
The sitting room has duel aspect double glazed windows and a wood burning stove set into a brick fireplace.
The day room has a large inglenook fireplace and oak floor.
A door leads to the well fitted family kitchen with a range of cream units and wooden worktops. There is an integrated dishwasher, fridge and "Stoves" range style cooker with gas hob and electric double ovens. French doors open onto the garden.
The kitchen gives on to to a second entrance hall with shower room, toilet and utility room off. The hall, in turn leads to the ground floor double bedroom.
From the main hall, the staircase opens onto a large landing, off which are 3 double bedrooms and a family bathroom with bath and walk in shower.
The spacious master bedroom has a walk in dressing room and large picture windows, which overlook the courtyard and the garden.
There is an attached barn with independent entrance. The upper level has a fully insulated roof and double glazed windows and is currently used as a classroom / studio. The ground floor is currently a workshop / garage The barn could very easily be converted to a two storey gite.
Double gates open onto a gravel driveway with parking for several vehicles. There is an open car port / wood store. The grounds extend to three quarters of an acre and the whole area is fenced. There is a formal garden and a paddock, with a shelter for two donkeys or ponies. To the rear of the kitchen is an out of ground pool 5m across and a covered terrace for outdoor dining. The property also benefits from a well in the garden.
Situated in a small village just 5 minutes drive from a vibrant market town with all amenities. The Pyrenees are an hour away and the Basque coast an hour and 45 minutes. Tarbes Lourdes airport 40 minutes
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France