Charente-Maritime, Nouvelle Aquitaine
The front door opens into a spacious living room (30m2) with tiled floor, exposed stone walls, exposed beam ceiling, a fireplace with wood-burning stove and, to one side, a range of bespoke fitted kitchen units (made and installed by a local craftsman). There is plenty of space for both sitting and dining areas.
A wooden staircase (again made and fitted by a local craftsman) rises from the living room to the first floor landing. Off the landing is a good-size double bedroom (15m2) as well as a shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC) with plumbing for a washing machine. There is space on the landing for an office / computer area.
The stairs continue to the second floor landing, off which is another good-size bedroom (15m2) as well as a second shower room (shower, wash-basin and WC).
To the front of the house is a small south-facing walled courtyard - a great sun trap. To one side of the courtyard is a covered area next to which is a store room
Dating back some 200 years, this charming house sits in the heart of a little village and was on one of the pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela (hence the carved scallop shells above the front door).
The house benefits from quality renovation work (including substantial work to the roof undertaken in 2021).
It is within easy cycling distance of the the neighbouring village which has a bar/restaurant and a shop (3km). The popular town of Matha, with its range of shops and other facilities, is just 8km.
Similar Properties In This Area
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France