A Château, a Masterpiece and a Home near Lyon, Rhône, Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes
This Château, which is without doubt one of the jewels of the Rhone region, is in search of a new owner to nurture and enjoy the elegant lifestyle it offers. The property, originally constructed in 1610 and renovated by its current owners in 2000, using their expertise and knowledge of art, is recognised as an historical monument of France along with its beautifully proportioned gardens.
This is an opportunity to live with both the authenticity of the bygone years and the comforts of the current century. Whilst being a great example and reminder of the ‘grand siècle’ of France and a grand Château in every sense, it is also very much a home.
The central features of the Château are the two substantial reception rooms (one on each level) with their magnificent fireplaces and both north and south-facing windows overlooking the historical gardens and the courtyard, creating an elegant and charming environment to welcome your guests.
A magnificent ‘open’ staircase and sculptured fireplaces add to the impressive and refined feeling of this beautiful Château, enhanced by its wide hallways and windows throughout.
Several apartments have already been created, with magnificent views over the gardens, consisting of en-suite bedrooms and private sitting rooms with the possibility of adding further bedrooms or even an office.
The design of the apartments around the reception rooms and the staircase gives both a sense of space and an intimate feel. Many of the rooms are ready for the future owner to visualise how they will be used.
Outside, majestic plane and cypress trees and 15 hectares of garden “à la française” surround the Château, with elegant topiary in the park. Woodland, paddocks, an orchard and potager complete the picturesque rural surroundings.
The outbuildings include the caretaker’s lodge at the entrance to the Château, which is only partly utilised and could accommodate at least one other apartment for guests or staff.
Plans exist for further development to the Château if desired; for the ancient underground kitchen and converting the farm buildings into apartments or an entertaining area.
The domaine is a short drive from the Beaujolais, Burgundy and Rhone River wine regions, and only 30 minutes from Lyon, one of the world's most recognised gastronomic centres with its 21 Michelin star restaurants.
Primary Energy Consumption (kWh/m2/year) For This Property
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Charente, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Hérault, Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France