Uzès Fortified 13th C. Castle, listed, partially renovated, 7 bedrooms, park 7795m², swimming pool, in the heart of a village, within walking distance to amenities..., Gard, Occitanie
Description of the building The Castle offers ??450m² of living area and a further 350m² to restore on 3 levels served by the majestic stone staircase that occupies the entire old dungeon. Ground floor: Entrance is through a beautiful Louis XIII door, hall 21.5m², bedroom 1 33m², bedroom 2 in a corner tower 13m², summer living room with kitchen 37m², bathroom, gym with sauna and shower 28m², WC, laundry area, remarkable large vaulted wine cellar. 1st floor: Access via a beautiful stone staircase, elegant gallery / hall 22m² which serves the various reception rooms, living room 50m² with rare 17th century wooden fireplace and French ceiling, library 23m² with 19th century fireplace, bedroom 3 28m² and its bathroom + dressing + WC 12m², dining room with vaulted semicircular ceiling (only 5 in France including 2 in the Gard) 43m ², fitted kitchen 25m ², bedroom 4 of 16m² leading through to a room in the tower 12m², bedroom 5 25m², office 22m², WC 1.5m², bathroom 11m², TV room 14m². 2nd floor: Its sumptuous staircase leads us now to the second floor where there are 2 large bedrooms, one of 34.5m² and bathroom 12.5m², many other large rooms with beautiful high ceilings just waiting for your ideas to find their story. A staircase still allows access to the top of the dungeon.
Swimming pool 15.5m x 5.5m
Outbuilding on 2 floors. There is an orangery on the ground floor with the possibility to consider a studio on the 1st floor.
Grounds The two magnificent towers at the entrance of the property date back to the Seventeenth century and were reduced by half during the revolution. The gate opens onto a magnificent park of 7795m², with parts dedicated to 7 architects influencing architecture of the 20th century, where a work of art of each one stands. Many trees like hackberries, maple trees, plane trees and 177 boxwood hedges decorate this place, making it a place of well-being and pleasure. There is an automatic watering system and 3 wells.
General Condition The castle was partly renovated 40 years ago; the roof was redone at this time also. The facades, roofs and two towers are listed in the inventory of Historic Monuments. Wooden single glazed joineries throughout. Oil central heating. Mains sewerage.
Comment A magical place imbued with history of great French personalities!
"DPE not required"
- Properties for sale in Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in France
- Properties for sale in Normandy, France
- Properties for sale in Occitanie (formerly Midi-Pyrénées and Languedoc-Roussillon), France
- Properties for sale in Pays de la Loire, France
- Properties for sale in Dordogne, Nouvelle Aquitaine (formerly Poitou-Charentes, Aquitaine and Limousin), France
- Properties for sale in Provence-Côte d'Azur, France
- Properties for sale in Morbihan, Brittany, France
- Properties for sale in Auvergne and Rhône-Alpes, France